Pizza and healthy are two words that usually don’t go together – that is until this Mediterranean Veggie Pizza, which is both nutritious and delicious.
This pizza is so simple anyone who knows how to slice a tomato can make it.
Wanna kick it up a notch? For an even more flavorful pizza try this super simple and quick Irresistible Pizza Sauce: In a mixing bowl stir together 1 cup of tomato sauce, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, and 1 teaspoon of honey.
Watch the following 2-minute YouTube video and learn how easy it is to make your very own homemade Mediterranean Veggie Pizza.
- 4 flatbread (whole-grain)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 4 plum tomatoes (sliced)
- 1 cup kalamata olives (sliced)
- 1 can artichoke (quartered and sliced)
- 2 cups mushroom (sliced)
- ¼ cup basil, fresh (minced)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- ½ cup feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 450. Cover 2 baking sheets with foil, spray with cooking spray.
- Two flatbreads will fit on each baking sheet. Add ½ cup of tomato sauce to each flatbread and spread evenly.
- Layer each flatbread with sliced plum tomatoes, mix olives, artichokes, mushrooms, and basil, spread evenly on each flatbread.
- Mix mozzarella and feta cheese, cover each flatbread evenly.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes. To brown the cheese turn on oven broiler and broil each pan about 6 inches under the broiler for only 1-2 minutes (watch closely to prevent burning).
Mediterranean Veggie Pizza